Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Pardon Me, Sir

Okay, so here's the deal: the Pardoner is one greedy little dude. Frankly, I don't like him one bit. I mean, yeah, his story is interesting and everything, but like, he's all about the money and quite frankly, he doesn't care about much else.
Anyway, he's real big on sinning, and not just the "I'm selling this church stuff so pay me" kind of sinning. Like the dude is into partying and chicks, kinda like that drunken frat guy at the function that nobody's trying to mess with because he's just too sloppy. Real classy, Pardoner. 
The end of this tale is pretty funny/strange, like the two friends set out on a mission and end up killing each other... Which I mean, probably isn't the worst outcome that could have happened. I'm not gonna lie, it wasn't much of a loss. Maybe Chaucer did us all a favor and thought that we simply needed something like that to happen. My dear Geoffrey, you were correct.


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find the Pardoner to be really obsessed with money too. He tells the people that the only reason he would tell this story is to make money, and then expects them to give him money at the end. I think his obsession with money is clouding his judgement on how stupid he thinks people are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Pardoner is definitely obsessed with money like Mr.Krabs. I think it has just became a habit for him. He has been probably telling this story many times and got paid for it. So now he just automatically expects to be paid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pardoner is totally obsessed with money, which I think is a cool way of bringing his moral into his story and not just the story he tells. The moral we're supposed to learn is that "the love of money (greed) is the root of all evil". Greed killed the three guys, and greed is the pardoner's main sin that we're kind of made to focus on. He admits that he tricks people into buying phony stuff, and we also see greed through his job of getting religious people to pay off their sins, both of which are pretty greedy.

    ReplyDelete