Wednesday, September 21, 2016

First I would just like to say that the Wife of Bath was not what I expected her to be before reading this. For some reason I genuinely felt like she was going to be this wholesome church going woman. While she does go to church it isnt really for the right reasons. She goes to show "what a good person she is" even though she really isnt all that great. She makes cloth to give to the church, but if somebody one ups her she gets mad. 
I also expected her to be very modest when it came to the things she wore. While the clothes themselves may have been modest in the way that they kept her covered they were very flamboyant and colorful. She wore a lot in an attempt to show her wealth but she ended up looking pretty foolish. She wore a hat as big as a shield and bright red tights. 

I was also surprised to see that she has had five husbands, like honestly who even has time for that? 



No comments:

Post a Comment